Official Contest Rules
- This contest runs from February 18, through March 31, 2000. To be eligible to win, entrants must write a short (250 words or less) statement about why their pet is worth writing about, and must submit their statement to us via e-mail or regular mail on or before the contest deadline: Midnight March 31, 2000. Any entries postmarked after the deadline will be ineligible to win.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter by sending your story via US mail to:
My Dog Skip Contest
201 East 50th Street
Dept. JW: 22-2
New York, NY 10022
or via e-mail to: email@example.com. Stories will not be returned. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON
- Winners will be chosen in a random drawing from all qualifying entries on Wednesday, April 5. Winners will be notified via US mail.
- The prize is one copy of My Dog Skip and one official movie poster. 25 prizes will be awarded.
- This contest is only open to residents of the United States. Employees and family members of employees of Random House, Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries, are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state, and local regulations. Offer void where restricted or prohibited. Random House, Inc. will not be responsible for payment of taxes on the value of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The odds of winning depend of the number of entries received. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed.
- The winner (identified by first name and last initial, city and state only) will be posted on the Random House web site at the end of the contest period. Entering the contest constitutes consent to the use of the winner's statement for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of Vintage Books (in Vintage Books' sole discretion) and with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law). Any winner who is less than 18 years old will be required to furnish consent to this use by a parent or legal guardian. Other entry names will NOT be used for subsequent mail solicitation. For a list of the winners, available after April 5, 2000, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: My Dog Skip Contest, Vintage Books, 201 East 50th Street, Dept. JW: 22-2, New York, NY 10022
or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are not responsible for entries that are late, misdirected, lost,garbled, unintelligible including those due to computer or network malfunction or congestion (including at Random House), and any such entries are ineligible.