Cheesie Mack is Running Like Crazy
These are the top 10 reasons Cheesie is running:
- He is running from the “F” Mrs. Wikowitz just gave him for not completing her assignment exactly like she said. (He forgot the year in the upper left-hand corner,)
- Goon, AKA June, who tricked him into sitting in a big puddle of water at lunch, making it look like he had um, a, accident.
- He is also running for 6th grade class president. The bonus-- it’s driving Goon crazy!
- He ultimately runs right out of the election, nominating The Great Giorgio, AKA his best friend Georgie Sinkoff, instead.
- Cheesie and several friends are running down the hall on stilts. Yes, stilts. It’s all part of the secret campaign to get Georgie elected to office. Shhhhh.
- Cheesie and Georgie are running toward each other on the stilts in an impromptu jousting contest. Impromptu jousting contests can only end in misery. That’s certainly what happened here.
- He is running cross-country, simply because Coach T wouldn’t take no for an answer.
- Running out on stage to help Georgie with his stage fright during the election speeches.
- Running to the post office to actually do something nice for Goon. I know. I didn’t believe it either until I read it.
- There’s really only nine because I couldn’t think of any more, and I just wanted to see if you’d read the entire list! Ha!
Prepared by Brenda Day, Library Media Specialist, Aledo Middle School, Aledo, TX