How can I contact Random House Children’s Books with questions about this website or any matters relating to schools or libraries?
We’d love to hear from you! Start a discussion in our community page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I request an advance readers copy of a book?
Random House is now offering digital review copies to professional readers. E-galleys are free for approved advanced readers and available approximately 6 months prior to the book’s on-sale date. E-galleys are available in the Adobe Digital Edition PDF format, which can be read on most devices, including PC, Nook, iPad, iPhone, Android, Sony eReader, and Kindle. To obtain E-Galleys, you must register at one of the following websites:
Can I get a copy of your catalog?
Random House Children’s Books is no longer printing a catalog. Our digital catalog is available online at Edelwiess.abovethetreeline.com
I am writing a children’s book. How can I get it published by Random House?
For Random House Children’s Books submission guidelines, please visit: http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/about/faq.html
How can I order an exam or desk copy of a Random House Children’s Books title?
Random House, Inc. is pleased to provide complimentary desk copies of any adopted text. One desk copy is available for every 20 copies ordered. Random House does not ship desk copies to residences: they must be mailed in care of your institution. All requests are subject to availability and approval.
Examination copies are available to college professors or instructors seeking titles to review for adoption consideration. Requests must be made in writing on college letterhead stating the title and its ISBN. The charge for examination copies is $3.00 ($5.00 in Canada) per title for paperbacks and one half the cover price for hardcovers. Make checks or money orders (no cash) payable to Random House, Inc. Examination copies are limited to five per teacher per school year.
Please send all requests to:
Random House Chldren’s Books
School and Library Marketing
1745 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10019
How can I find out if a Random House Children’s Book has been leveled?
How can I order Random House Children’s Books for my school or library?
Below is a list of educational distributors who carry Random House Children’s Books. If you are a distributor and would like to be added to this list, please e-mail us with the relevant details.
- Academic Book Services, Inc.
- Adams Book Company
- AKJ Books
- Baker & Taylor
- Beyda for Books
- BMI Educational Services, Inc.
- The Book Rack (also known as Books By BJ’s)
- Books 4 School
- The Booksource, Inc.
- Bound to Stay Bound Books, Inc.
- Brodart Books and Automation
- Chico News Agency
- Children’s Library Resources
- Children’s Library Services
- Children’s Plus, Inc.
- Classroom Reading Service, Inc.
- The Distributors
- Emery-Pratt Co.
- Everbind Books
- Follett Educational Services
- Follett Library Resources
- Holyoke News Company
- Hudson RPM Distributors LLC – Interstate Division
- Ingram Library Services Inc.
- Interstate Books4School
- Learning Links Inc.
- Mackin Educational Resources
- Micromarketing, LLC
- Milligan News Company
- New England Mobile Book Fair
- Oliver and Andy’s Book Company
- Perfection Learning Corporation
- Perma-Bound Books
- Rainbow Book Company
- Regent Book Co.
- Richardson Distribution & Books, Inc.
- Saddleback Educational, Inc.
- Schoolwide, Inc.
- Social Studies School Service, Zenger Media, and The Writing Company
- Southwest Book Company
- Sundance Publishing
- Texas Educational Paperbacks
What are rules for the Random House Teachers and Librarians Community?
RHTeachersLibrarians, (the “Site”), is solely for the personal use of individuals and may not be used for any business or commercial purpose. It is not to be used for any advertising, solicitation, spamming or promotion, and the personal and contact information of Members may not be copied to other sites for any purpose.
- Random House may delete or restrict any content posted or emails sent by Members that, in Random House’s sole judgment, violates this Agreement or that it deems inappropriate.
- Members (i.e., “you”) are solely responsible for the content that you post on the Site or otherwise distribute. That means you are responsible for (among other things) following copyright and trademark law, not libeling or invading the privacy of other people, and not posting confidential or proprietary information. Any comments, questions or information that you submit (except for personally identifiable information we collect under our Privacy guidelines) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. By posting content to any public area of the Site, you automatically grant and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Random House an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, free, worldwide license to disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the content in all forms (including images, text, sounds and other things embedded therein) for any and all commercial or noncommercial purposes.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of activities and content that is prohibited on the Site:Content that:
a. promotes racism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
b. harasses others;
c. promotes an unauthorized copying of copyrighted work, such as providing or linking to pirated programs, music or other content, or providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices;
d. contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
e. displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
f. includes chain letters, spam and the like;
g. promotes illegal, abusive or obscene activities;
h. imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load this Site’s computing, storage or communications infrastructure, or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service, through password mining or or which in any way promotes or facilitates any such activity; or solicits personal information from anyone or posts personal contact information. Even though all of the above is strictly prohibited, there is a chance that you might see or be subjected to some of it anyway, and you waive your right to any damages from anyone related to such exposure.
- You must use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names or email addresses.
- You may not use fraudulent or false information for any purpose on the Site.
- You may not transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs, or other items of a destructive nature.
- You may not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.