ABOUT THIS BOOK
This Newbery Honor book about a girl who has never known family fighting for her first true home “will leave readers . . . satisfied” (Kirkus Reviews). Hollis Woods is the place where a baby was abandoned is the baby’s name is an artist is now a twelve-year-old girl who’s been in so many foster homes she can hardly remember them all.
When Hollis is sent to Josie, an elderly artist who is quirky and affectionate, she wants to stay. But Josie is growing more forgetful every day. If Social Services finds out, they’ll take Hollis away and move Josie into a home. Well, Hollis Woods won’t let anyone separate them. She’s escaped the system before; this time, she’s taking Josie with her. Still, even as she plans her future with Josie, Hollis dreams of the past summer with the Regans, fixing each special moment of her days with them in pictures she’ll never forget.
Patricia Reilly Giff captures the yearning for a place to belong in this warmhearted story, which stresses the importance of artistic vision, creativity, and above all, family.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Patricia Reilly Giff
’s most recent Delacorte book is All the Way Home
. She is also the author of Lily's Crossing
, a Newbery Honor Book and Boston Globe-Horn Book
- Newbery Honor BookWINNER 2003
- ALA Best Books for Young AdultsWINNER 2003
- ALA Notable Children's BookWINNER 2005
- Arkansas Charlie May Simon Master ListNOMINEE 2005
- Illinois Rebecca Caudill Young Readers AwardWINNER 2004
- Kentucky Bluegrass Master ListWINNER 2003
- Maine Student Book Master ListWINNER 2004
- Massachusetts Children's Book Master ListWINNER 2003
- Christopher Award
Click Here for the Pictures of Hollis Woods BookTalk
Visit the Patricia Reilly Giff Web site!