Things We Love This Week!
July 26, 2013
- Some of us (ahem, me) may have spent one too many hours staring at the double doors of the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital, waiting for the Royal Baby to make his debut. Our Publicity department has helpfully rounded up a section of books Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge—and your own little princes and princesses may enjoy!
- MentalFloss has 16 great quotes about writing for children. Steven Kellogg, illustrator of our upcoming picture book Snowflakes Fall, said about his decision to become an author/illustrator: “When I was a kid, I was very aware of the fact that a lot of the adults in my neighborhood hated their jobs … Knowing that one day I would be an adult, I really didn’t want to lose the fun of childhood by going into this dark period where every day started off with resignation and gloom or worse. And so I was determined to get to know myself very well and choose a job that I thought would be just right for me.”
19 Quintessential Books of the ‘90s for adults. How many have you read?
- Whether you agree or not, Salon’s piece Here’s How Amazon Self-Destructs raises a few interesting points about how we use brick-and-mortar stores to browse and discover titles, and what it would mean for publishing as a whole if these spaces were to one day disappear.
- How cool is this? New Yorkers, be sure to check out the amazing new exhibit at the NYPL about the history of children’s books. Here’s more information for you.
- Need a laugh to carry you into the weekend? Check out Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee!
Have a wonderful weekend!