This Month's Prize:
The Order of Things
This one-of-a-kind illustrated reference book is a collection of lists, orders, and classifications in science, religion, history, the arts, sports, technology, math and more. Find out how everything in the world is organized into hierarchies, structures and pecking orders.
Quiz material from Verbal Advantage: 10 Easy Steps to a Powerful Vocabulary by Charles Harrington Elster, Copyright © 2000 by Netword, Inc.
1. This contest runs from December 1, 2001 through Dcember 31, 2001. To be eligible to win, entrants must answer all fifteen questions on the official entry form correctly, and must submit their completed entry form to us by clicking the "submit quiz" button at the bottom of the form on or before the contest deadline: Midnight December 31, 2001. Submissions are via this form only. Any entries received by us after the deadline will be ineligible to win.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
3. Participants can only play once a week and weekly winners will be chosen in a random drawing from correct entries on each Monday, starting December 3, 2001, and finishing January 7, 2002. Winners will be notified via e-mail. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. The prize is one copy of The Order of Things
6. This contest is only open to residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Rhode Island and Arizona). Employees and family members of employees of Random House, Inc., including its affiliates and subsidiaries, are not eligible to enter. This contest is subject to all federal, state, and local regulations. Offer void where restricted or prohibited. Random House, Inc. will not be responsible for payment of taxes on the value of any prize awarded hereunder.
7. The odds of winning depend of the number of entries received. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed.
8. Winners will be notified by e-mail. In order for the prize to be awarded, each winner will be required, within fourteen (14) days of our notification, to provide via reply e-mail the mailing address to which the prize should be sent. If no such address is provided within such 14 days, another winner will be selected.
9. The winners' names will be posted on the Random House web site starting on December 3, 2001.
10. We are not responsible for entries that are late, misdirected, lost, garbled, unintelligible including those due to computer or network malfunction or congestion (including at Random House), and any such entries are ineligible.