The Dark Side has been named a 2008 National Book Award Finalist
"A MUST READ: a meticulous behind-the-scenes reconstruction of policymaking that demonstrates how legal abstractions became an ugly reality."—Publishers Weekly
A dramatic and damning narrative account of how America has fought the "War on Terror"
Read the New York Times review, "A History of Abuse in the War on Terror"
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Borders
IndieBound | Random House
Jane Mayer's Tour Schedule
- July 24 — Politics & Prose Bookstore, Washington, DC — 7pm
- July 29 — Free Library of Philadelphia (Central Library), Philadelphia, PA — 7pm
- Aug 7 — World Affairs Council of Northern California, San Francisco , CA — 6pm
- Aug 8 — KPFA/First Congregational Church of Berkeley, Berkeley, CA — 7:30pm
- Sept 11 — NYU/Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, New York, NY
- Sept 22 — Miller Center of Public Affairs, Charlottesville, VA — 11:00am
- Sept 24 — Center for Law & Public Affairs/Woodrow Wilson School, Princton, NJ — 4:30
- Nov 1 — Texas Book Festival, Austin, TX
- Nov 15 — Miami Book Fair, Miami, FL
Sign up to receive Doubleday title, event, and author news.
Enter your complete e-mail below.