Most people have a few drinks to relax after work. For Zane Lamprey, however, having a few (or a few too many) drinks is work. But he’s not complaining. Zane has circled the globe knocking back an endless variety of booze while capturing his imbibing exploits for the cult-hit TV show Three Sheets. And now the Indiana Jones of alcohol consumption has gathered a round of his most amusing adventures, fascinating factoids, and tips for adventurous tipplers into this, the ultimate pub crawler’s memoir. Join him as he ventures, glass in hand, to
• Ireland, where whiskey was invented, drinking is a way of life, and beer is the best medicine
• Tanzania, where the popular “bee brew,” engortorogi, was accidentally discovered by a woman trying to poison her two-timing husband
• Las Vegas, where the scary-to-look-at, tasty-to-sip, and impossible-to-finish-alone Witch Doctor is a better bet than the gaming tables, and a bacon martini is a savory way to wash down Sin City’s famed $777 burger
• Japan, where the celebrated sake is brewed like beer and once featured saliva as a secret ingredient
• Poland, where vodka is the equivalent of America’s apple pie (one of the most popular brands is infused with flakes of gold) and lovers of beer constitute an official political party
Zane also sips champagne in the French region that gave the bubbly its name and heads to Tequila, Mexico to sample the infamous local spirit from the blue agave plant. He also bellies up to bars in Scotland, Jamaica, Argentina, New Zealand, Belgium, St. Martin, South Africa, and Taiwan. Each destination is a new adventure in libation.
Packed with anecdotes, recipes and drinking games, and more hangover remedies than you can shake a swizzle stick at, Three Sheets makes for a delightfully intoxicating cocktail.