Equal Parts Saintly Cherub and Demanding Emperor– Who Is This Child Formerly Known As Your Baby?
Faster than a speeding bullet…Is it Superman? Nope, just your high-energy toddler, keeping life interesting–and mom on the run! Once, you dreamed of the day your precious baby would walk and talk. Now, you are constantly dragging your child out of the dog’s dish, making up answers to unanswerable questions (“Why, Mom, why?”), and engaging in power struggles with the world’s most adorable 25-pound dictator.
Do other mothers of toddlers have days like this? You bet your sweet potty chair they do! Here are veteran moms’ stories and from-the-trenches advice on what works when dealing with the often challenging, always entertaining one- and two-year-old crowd, including:
• What to do when your tot glues himself to your leg for no apparent reason (other than to yell)
• Toys to boost your toddler’s brilliance–including freebies she’ll love most of all
• Taking the “toil” out of toilet training (it is rocket science, no matter what your mother-in-law says)
• Tantrum-tamers you can use from the mall to your mother’s house
• Getting your toddler to eat more orange and green (gummy worms don’t count)
• Ping pong prayers and other ways to connect Junior to God
Here at last is the help you’ve been longing for: a hilarious but practical bimonthly guide to surviving, enjoying–and laughing your way through–the exhausting, crazy-busy, glorious toddler years.
About Lorilee Craker
Lorilee Craker is the mother of two, the author of O For a Thousand Nights to Sleep and When the Belly Button Pops, the Baby’s Done, and an entertainment writer for The Grand Rapids Press. For more information, please visit www.LorileeCraker.com.