Slow-Cooker Tuscan Chicken
Effortless meals like this one are perfect for serving either guests or family members.
• 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
• 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
• 1 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Discard all visible fat from the chicken. Sprinkle both sides with the basil and oregano. Put the chicken in a 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.From the Hardcover edition.
Excerpted from American Heart Association Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, 4th edition by American Heart Association. Copyright © 2008 by American Heart Association. Excerpted by permission of Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.