This comprehensive rulebook is the only guide sanctioned and compiled by the U.S. Chess Federation (USCF), the governing body for chess in the United States. It is designed to be a useful reference for all chess players, especially tournament directors and chess club teachers.
THIS NEW EDITION FEATURES THE LATEST RULES GOVERNING CHESS, INCLUDING:
• Guidelines for Internet chess and speed chess
• Information about the USCF’s national chess rating
• Explanations of all legal moves
• Guidelines for organizing and directing a tournament
• A new and improved index for quick reference
Excerpted from United States Chess Federation's Official Rules of Chess, Sixth Edition by U.S. Chess Federation. Copyright © 2014 by U.S. Chess Federation. Excerpted by permission of Random House Puzzles & Games, a division of Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.