THE FIRST AB-WORKOUT BOOK CREATED EXCLUSIVELY FOR WOMEN—FROM THE AUTHOR OF THE MONUMENTAL BESTSELLER THE COMPLETE BOOK OF ABS
After the phenomenal success of The Complete Book of Abs, Kurt Brungardt now targets the particular needs of women with a workout bible for every stage of life. Fully illustrated and written in a clear, conversational style, The Complete Book of Abs for Women maps the road to a trim and toned stomach, slender hips, and a healthy state of mind. Inside you’ll discover:
• Ab basics: the key concepts, techniques, and principles of abdominal training that are essential for achieving the best results
• A sustainable nine-week ab regimen—divided into three fitness levels—to strengthen and tone your abs, lower back, and deep-core muscles
• Strategies for enhancing both body and mind, from self-image and nutrition to relaxation and performance
• A complete wellness program that includes stretching, cardio workouts, and weight training
• Workouts tailored for busy working women and for exercising with a partner, plus age-specific routines for girls, teenagers, and women over fifty
• A special section on safe exercises for pregnant women—and a program for mothers who wish to get back into swimsuit shape after pregnancy
• routines for every lifestyle: from Pilates- and yoga-based workouts to gym super-sets—even an easy ab office workout that can be done at your desk
• exercises that target specific areas: lower abs, upper abs, and obliques
With a wide variety of routines, nearly 100 exercises, anatomical illustrations, and more than 300 photos, The Complete Book of Abs for Women is destined to become another Kurt Brungardt classic in the field of health and fitness.
About Kurt Brungardt
Kurt Brungardt has been a writer and personal trainer in New York for the last eight years. He is the author of the best-selling fitness classic The Complete Book of Abs. He is also the host of one of the top-selling exercise videos, Abs of Steel for Men. He has written for and been featured in many exercise magazines and newspapers, and has appeared on numerous national talk shows. Kurt has trained a wide variety of clients ranging from athletes, actors, and models to businessmen and -women and senior citizens. He is a member of Strength Advantage, Inc. His body appears on the cover of this book and on the cover of The Complete Book of Abs.
Mike Brungardt is on the board of directors of Strength Advantage, Inc. He is strength and conditioning coach for the San Antonio Spurs. As a member of Strength Advantage, he has given seminars at clinics for fitness educators in schools and health clubs throughout the country. He has worked with such professional athletes as ski racer Beth Madsen (1990 Rookie of the Year) and basketball all-star David Robinson. He specializes in the mental and motivational aspects of sports performance and is also coauthor of The Strength Kit. He has been involved in the consulting and design of a wide range of fitness facillties. Mike graduated from Central State University of Oklahoma, where he wrestled and played baseball. He has nine years of coaching experience at Northwest High School, in Grand Island, Nebraska, one of the most successful athletic programs in the state of Nebraska during the eighties.
Brett Brungardt, a former strength and conditioning coach at the University of Houston and at the University of Wyoming, is on the board of directors of Strength Advantage, Inc., a fitness consultation firm that advises professiorial and college athletes, coaches, and corporations in desiginrig fitness programs and facilities. Brett is the coauthor of The Strength Kit, a manual for planning strength and conditioning programs for all levels: scholastic, collegiate, and professional.
He is the autbor of numerous publications in the area of fitness. He has an M.Ed. in exercise science from the University of Houston and is a certified strength and conditioning specialist with the National Strength and Conditioning Association.