Science, Nature & The Human Body
While some people are looking for signs of intelligent life in outer space, we’re on the hunt for it right here on Earth! If you’re one of the many who is blinded by science, the ICK-O-SYSTEM section of The Snapple Aptitude Test might open your eyes to this great universe and all the fascinating secrets it holds.
And best of all, you won’t have to dissect a frog.
1.Which of the following containers would come closest to holding the amount of blood in a typical adult human’s body?
a. a one-quarter pitcher
b. a two-liter bottle
c. a one-gallon jug
d. a two-gallon jug
2. Tasting something with the very tip of your tongue will tell you if it is:
3. True of False: Bulls are colorblind and cannot see the color red.
4. If the sun were a human of average lifespan, how old would it be?
a. 5 years old
b. a teenager
c. in its 30s
d. retirement age
5. Where did most of Skylab land when it crashed to Earth in 1979?
a. Pacific Ocean
6. True of False: Russia’s Sputnik I, the world’s first satellite, was a tiny device less than two feet in diameter.
7. Nocturnal enuresis is the medical term for what sleeping disorder?
c. grinding your teeth
d. talking in your sleep
8. No living species of bird has more than ___ toes.
9. The Magnetic North Pole is moving slowly away from ___ and toward ___.
a. Greenland, Iceland
b. Canada, Russia
c. Norway, Sweden
d. Alaska, Siberia
10. In the average American home, nearly 75 percent of incoming fresh water is used where?
d. laundry room
Answers: 1.C 2.B 3.True 4.C 5.B 6.True 7.A 8.C 9.B 10.BFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Excerpted from The Snapple Aptitude Test by Sandy Wood and Kara Kovalchik. Copyright © 2006 by Sandy Wood and Kara Kovalchik. Excerpted by permission of Broadway Books, a division of Random House LLC. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.