Modern-Day Weddings with Grace and Style
Wedding ceremonies are still about love and romance, a special moment that creates a beautiful and everlasting union. But not everything related to weddings stays the same over the years. Etiquette evolves, rules change. And who can keep up with all of today's complicated family issues? With the help of this book, you can stay on top of it all and learn how to combine timeless wedding traditions with the latest trends and social styles. Inside, you'll discover the secrets of having a beautiful, contemporary event full of fabulous elegance while at the same time satisfying the varied needs of friends and family. Included are etiquette tips and hints for every step of the planning process and answers to today's trickiest wedding situations, including:
·How to handle unique family situations
·Who pays for each aspect of the wedding
·When the bride has a best man and the groom has a maid of honor
·And much, much more!
You'll also find answers to frequently asked questions, do's & don'ts, and personal reflections, plus ideas for traditional and nontraditional weddings. This modern-day etiquette companion is the perfect wedding-planning partner. Now, you can relax and enjoy preparing for your special day!
"An outstanding resource for anyone planning a wedding! Shaw's advice is concise, on target, in good taste, and always full of dry humor."
—Carolyn Shepard-Baehre, AIFD, president, Carolyn Shepard Design Group
Table of Contents
1. Rules of Engagement: Etiquette for the Betrothed
2. Bank On It: Etiquette and Money
3. Setting the Stage: Etiquette for Planning
4. Always a Bridesmaid…: Etiquette and Attendants
5. The Honour of Your Presence: Etiquette and the Guest List
6. Fit to Print: Etiquette, Invitations, and Stationery
7. The Center of Attention: Etiquette for Showers and Gifts
8. With This Ring: Etiquette and Planning the Ceremony
9. Immediately Following: Etiquette for Planning the Reception
10. Roses Are Red: Etiquette for Flowers and Decorations
11. Hold That Pose: Etiquette for Photography and Videography
12. A Night On the Town: Etiquette and the Bachelor(ette) Party
13. Practice Makes Perfect: Etiquette and the Rehearsal
14. Here Comes the Bride: Etiquette for the Ceremony
15. The Life of the Party: Etiquette and the Reception
About Kim Shaw
Kim Shaw is a wedding expert and the president of Moonlight & Magnolia, which offers wedding and special-event planning services. She is also a featured columnist for WeddingeXpress.com. She lives with her husband in Charlotte, North Carolina.