Intimacy is one of the great powers and joys of life, yet all too often it gets clouded by miscommunication, a loss of affection, and a lack of mutual support. Here therapist David Richo shows us how to use mindfulness to better understand ourselves and our partners so that we can:
• Increase our capacity to give and receive love by recognizing how our past relationships affect our current life
• Improve physical and emotional intimacy by embracing the five hallmarks of loving relationships
• Resolve conflicts by constructively working with anger, grief, and blame
• Move from needy, ego-centered love to unconditional love by addressing fears of engulfment or abandonment
• Discover how relationships can be a path to spiritual awakening by practicing mindfulness and loving-kindness 3 CDs; 3 hours.
“David Richo's rich understanding of romantic relationships ties adult connection problems to childhood losses. His formulations sound more profound and soothing—more heart-centered and Buddha-like—than standard social science. With his vocal sincerity and warm connection with his live audience obvious throughout the recording, this is a presentation that people in all committed relationships can savor and grow with.”—Audiofile