Upgrade to the Flash 9 viewer for enhanced content, including the ability to browse & search through your favorite titles.
Click here to learn more!
In this fascinating volume, today’s foremost scientists discuss their own versions and visions of Einstein: how he has influenced their worldviews, their ideas, their science, and their professional and personal lives. These twenty-four essays are a testament to the power of scientific legacy and are essential reading for scientist and layperson alike.
• Roger Highfield on the Einstein myth
• John Archibald Wheeler on his meetings with Einstein
• Gino C. Segrè, Lee Smolin, and Anton Zeilinger on Einstein’s difficulties with quantum theory
• Leon M. Lederman on the special theory of relativity
• Frank J. Tipler on why Einstein should be seen as a scientific reactionary rather than a scientific revolutionary
“My Einstein delivers even more than its lengthy title promises.”
“These essays are irresistible.”
—The Buffalo News
“My Einstein is a gem of a book that celebrates not only Einstein the scientist but also Einstein the man, even though it is a collection of essays written by scientific figures ... The result is a remarkably well-rounded figure.”
—Deseret Morning News