Upgrade to the Flash 9 viewer for enhanced content, including the ability to browse & search through your favorite titles.
Click here to learn more!
For nearly thirty years, Teacher Effectiveness Training, or the T.E.T. book, based on Dr. Thomas Gordon’s groundbreaking program, has taught hundreds of thousands of teachers around the world the skills they need to deal with the inevitable student discipline problems effectively and humanely.
Now revised and updated, T.E.T. can mean the difference between an unproductive, disruptive classroom and a cooperative, productive environment in which students flourish and teachers feel rewarded.
Topics covered include:
• What to do when students give you problems;
• How to talk so that students will listen;
• How to resolve conflicts so no one loses and no one gets hurt;
• How to best help students when they’re having a problem;
• How to set classroom rules so that far less enforcement is necessary;
• How to increase teaching and learning time.
"Teacher Effectiveness Training supplies the building blocks for effective teacher-student relationships."
—Dr. Joseph C. Clancy, School Psychologist, Newton (Mass.) Public Schools
"Teacher Effectiveness Training reaches beyond the classroom into all relationships in the school. I consider T.E.T. to be the most valuable program offered to school during my 22 years as a teacher and administrator."
—Kenneth Fields, Principal, Trinity Street Elementary School, Los Angeles, Calif.