Upgrade to the Flash 9 viewer for enhanced content, including the ability to browse & search through your favorite titles.
Click here to learn more!
For thousands of years, no book has been more shrouded in mystery than the Zohar, yet no book offers greater wisdom to humankind. As the central text of Kabbalah, the Zohar was conceived by the ancient kabbalists as a guide for gaining fulfillment in the material world and for drawing closer to the sacred light of the spiritual realm.
In The Essential Zohar, the eminent kabbalist Rav P. S. Berg thoroughly fulfills this intention, interpreting the Zohar’s teachings on evil, redemption, human relationships, wealth and poverty, and many other issues from a practical, contemporary perspective. The Zohar and Kabbalah have traditionally been known as the world’s most esoteric sources of spiritual knowledge, but Rav Berg has dedicated his life to making this wisdom universally available. In truth, the Zohar came into being as a gift to all humanity. The Essential Zohar at last brings that gift to the world.
Rav. P. S. Berg reveals these and other teachings encrypted in the Zohar:
• Why it was Adam’s second bite that caused the Fall
• The importance of the feminine aspect of the Creator
• How meeting any new person is an opportunity for spiritual transformation
• The lesson we can learn from Noah’s unbridled love of wine
• How evil comes from a feeling of lack
• The story of Jacob and Rachel, and how love for another person can be a gateway to love for the Creator
• Why David asked the Creator to test him and how he passed the test
• The nature of an authentic soul-mate relationship
• The certainty of immortality
• How the Creator provides us with the tools for our own fulfillment, including prayer, meditation, the Sabbath, and the Zohar itself