Upgrade to the Flash 9 viewer for enhanced content, including the ability to browse & search through your favorite titles.
Click here to learn more!
The book has been adopted for course use at Long Island University and California State University, Fullerton
From mediabistro.com, the media industry’s most well-respected source for jobs, professional development, and community, this inside-the-business guide gives readers the knowledge and tools needed to infiltrate Hollywood and land a job as a TV writer. The book details Hollywood’s inner workings and shows how networks, studios, and production companies work together, how the process affects the creation and writing of TV series, how shows make money, and—ultimately—how individuals can use this information to break into the industry.
Readers will learn:
• What actually goes on in the inner sanctum of the writers’ room—and how to be a part of it
• How today’s TV business model works—and how rapidly it is changing
• Who has the power to buy a show idea—and how to pitch one
• How new media formats are changing television—and how to use them to one's advantage
• Which jobs will start up a TV writing career—and how to get hired
Author Chad Gervich has worked as a TV writer, producer, and executive. He’s written, developed, and produced shows for the Littlefield Company, Fox Television Studios, Paramount Television, NBC, Warner Bros., ABC, Fox Reality Channel, E! Entertainment Television, and 20th Century Fox.